What we do
HOPE Up! is a new and exciting project that is part of Brand Recovery based in Derby. The project engages unemployed members of the community in work experience and qualifications to enable them to return back to work with confidence and skills. Participants attend our workshop and are involved in practical tasks as well as studying for a manufacturing qualification. We have been granted our start-up costs by Public Health England to target individuals who are amongst the most vulnerable and hardest to reach in the labour market; individuals who have experienced episodes of problematic drug and/or alcohol use with the goal of supporting their recovery from these problematic episodes.
HOPE Up! repairs, re-uses, recycles and up cycles goods so that they can be donated or sold on at a small cost to the buyer; we are focussing on providing furniture and home goods to those that are on a low income.
The project addresses a wide range of economic and social issues such as unemployment, waste going to landfill and deprived households.
- Learn new skills such as; upholstery,
- Access to Qualitrain’s Preparing to Work in Engineering and Manufacturing Industry (PWEMI) qualification
- Help to develop your CV and interview technique
- Show you how to get noticed when completing application forms
- Support to help build your confidence, self-esteem and self worth