TASC (Target & Action for Safer Communities) – Sheffield
What we do
We are here to help you to live independently in your home, be that an existing tenancy as part of our ‘floating support’ package or we may be able to help you find a home in one of our properties/partner properties, which also means you will receive advice and guidance from a member of our team. This is known as ‘supported accommodation’.
- Benefits and tenancy support
- Budgeting, managing bill, debt advice/management
- Practical living skills
- Confidence building
- Understanding your rights and responsibilities
- Access to additional support services including those around health, substance misuse and mental health, including treatment programmes.
- Access to volunteering, education and employment
Is it the service for me?
This could be the service for you if you are aged 18 or over, currently reside in Sheffield and have a history of offending.
How to apply
Referrals for accommodation based support can be made by contacting the Sheffield housing pathway on 01142 736 306 or via email on email@example.com between 8:30am and 5:00pm weekdays. If you require housing in an emergency outside of these hours, please contact 0800 731 1689.
For our floating support services, you can call our Sheffield office and refer yourself.
Referrals will be accepted via the telephone and are in confidence. We act in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Information can be translated upon request.
Blenheim House, 22 Wilkinson Street, Sheffield, S10 2GB
Tel: 0114 2496575
Funded by: Sheffield City Council