Platform for Life (PFL), Highfield Road, Derbyshire
What we do
The scheme will focus on the needs of young people living in the North Derbyshire area who are unable to remain within the family home. The scheme will provide a positive environment from which to pursue education, training, apprenticeships or employment. There is an expectation and encouragement of continued input from the referring agency and other appropriate agencies throughout the young person’s tenure.
- 8 newly furnished en-suite units with shared communal space
- Living space designed to support study, with quiet areas and desk space
- Multi-purpose space for support activities, life skills activities and a multi-agency consulting/training room.
- Provision of wi-fi and IT equipment.
- Garden and outside eating/study areas.
- Safe but friendly and welcoming environment.
- House meetings and meaningful client involvement, including house rules
- Help in understanding and adhering to licence agreements
Is it the service for me?
This service could be for you if you are aged 18 to 24, male or female, and wish to continue in your education, training, volunteering and work opportunities in a friendly safe environment and feel ready for semi-independent living in shared accommodation.
How to apply
Referrals can be made by any agency completing a referral form. Alternatively you can call our head office and refer yourself
Referrals will be accepted via the telephone and are in confidence. We act in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Information can be translated upon request.
Tel: 01709 821 251
Funded by: Platform for life