Hide this page now!

Language Support

If you cannot speak or read English well, it is harder to find out what services are available to you, and how to access them.

If you phone the helpline and we do not speak your language we can arrange an interpreter through the ‘Big Word’ translator telephone service and we can speak to you through a third party. More information about using an interpreter can be found on the DACT website.

You can also email us in your language and we will translate it and get back to you within three working days of receiving it. To email us, please use the addresses below:

Derbyshire Domestic Abuse Helpline – DerbyshireDAhelpline@actionorg.uk
Sheffield Domestic Abuse Helpline – help@actionorg.uk